It's often useful to start with a review article, so read
Galactic Winds by Veilleux, Ceceil, & Bland-Hawthorn, 2005, ARAA 43, 769
These first papers explain how pressure-driven bubbles heated by supernovae grow and develop into free-streaming winds.
1. Interstellar bubbles. II - Structure and evolution
Weaver, R. et al 1977 ApJ 218, 277
2. Superbubble blowout dynamics
MacLow, M.-M. et al 1989 ApJ 337 141
3. Wind from a starburst galaxy nucleus
Chevalier & Clegg 1985 Nat 317, 44
The following paper laid down strong empirical evidence that such outflows exist.
4. On the nature and implications of starburst-driven
Heckman et al. 1990 ApJS 74 833
And, on the more technical side, here is a description of the caveats inherent to measuring wind properties using absorption lines.
5. Outflows in Infrared-Luminous Starbursts at z < 0.5.
I. Sample, Na I D Spectra, and Profile Fitting1,
Rupke, D. et 2005 ApJS 160 87