Physics Computing Services
On-Line Documentation and Help Contents
- Downloadable Applications we make downloadable with your webserver username and password
- Acroread Adobe Acrobat .pdf Reader Linux
- ReadMe (text)
- See Also: xpdf
- See Also: pdftops command
- Burning CD-R or DVD-/+R
- Electronic Scheduling & Calendaring Web, Linux,
Windows & Mac clients
- Text Editors
- Ghostview 1.5 (Postscript viewer) Linux, Digital Unix
- GnuPlot (plotting utility) Linux, Digital Unix
- Mainframe Services (Com-Plete and other campus services) Windows, Mac
- Mathematica (Math crunching software) Linux, Digital
- Matlab Interactive computational environment
- MikTex Tex/Latex compiler for Windows
- NEC Projectors Software to use conference room projectors over the network
Install the appropriate application to display your computer's desktop on the projector over
Note that the projector in 3302 is called "solstice.dept.physics.ucsb.edu", currently IP 184.108.40.206.
The projector in 4014 is called "sunfire.dept.physics.ucsb.edu", currently IP 220.127.116.11.
You should connect your computer
to the network using the campus wireless,
or using the wired guest connections available (in 3302).
Contact PCS at ext 8366 for more information.
- Printing Utilities
- SSH (Secure rlogin) Linux
- Supermongo 2.4.1
Physics Computing Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified: November 19, 2009