I'm a fifth year graduate student at UC Santa Barbara. I study quantum gravity and string theory, but I am broadly interested in topics in black hole physics, conformal field theory, and condensed matter physics.
In the far-off past, I've done experimental work in accelerator physics, plasma physics, and chemistry.
- Ph.D., University of California, Santa Barbara (~2024)
- B.A., Cornell University (2018)
- X. Dong, S. McBride, and W. W. Weng, "Replica Wormholes and Holographic Entanglement Negativity", JHEP 06 (2022) 094, arXiV: 2110.11947 [hep-th]
- D. Marolf and S. McBride, "Simple Perturbatively Traversable Wormholes from Bulk Fermions," JHEP 11 (2019) 037, arXiv: 1908.03998 [hep-th]
- A. Galdi, J. Balajka, J. B. Baretz, I. V. Bazarov, L. Cultrera, W. J. I. DeBenedetti, M. A. Hines, F. Ikponwmen, J. M. Maxson, S. A. McBride, "Towards the Optimization of Photocathode Properties via Surface Science Techniques: A Study on Cs3Sb Thin Film Growth," Proceedings of the 3rd North American Particle Accelerator Conference, Lansing, Michigan, USA (2019)
- L. Cultrera, J. K. Bae, A. Bartnik, I. V. Bazarov, R. Doane, A. Galdi, C. Gulliford, W. H. Li, J. M. Maxson, S. A. McBride, T. P. Moore, C. M. Pierce, C. Xu, "Photocathodes R&D for High Brightness and Highly Polarized Electron Beams at Cornell University," Proceedings of the 9th International Particle Accelerator Conference, Vancouver, BC, Canada (2018)
- L. Cultrera, A. Bartnik, I. V. Bazarov, C. Gulliford, P. Gupta, H. Lee, S. A. McBride, T. P. Moore, "Cornell Laboratory for High Intensity Ultra-Bright and Polarized Electron Beams", Proceedings of the 8th International Particle Accelerator Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark (2017)